Monday, January 11, 2010

Music Monday

A new week...a new Monday...a new Music Monday...

Today, I'm just going to share a few classics along with an artist who is quickly gathering a heck of a following.

I first wanted to share the J. Geils Band hit "Centerfold", but unfortunately I cannot find a link anywhere to embed it. So, the next best thing is the link to the YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqDjMZKf-wg

The song just came up on my shuffle a few days ago and as a result I've had it stuck in my head for a day or two. I hope it gets stuck in yours!

Next, a hit from a classic band. Although this isn't one of their early hits, Aerosmith's "Jaded" is a great song and it was one of the first Aerosmith songs I remember liking, and as a result opened me up to one of the greatest bands of all time.



And lastly...this artist I was fortunate to see live this past summer, and he's quickly becoming a big hit, and certainly will become bigger this year. K'naan's music is a mix of political outreach, poetry, and commentry on society. He uses a mix of rap and reggae to spread his opinions. K'naan has collaberated with artists such as Adam Levine and Most Def over the past few years. These collaberations have helped him make the jump to mainstream music. K'naan's first single off his fourth album Troubadour, entitled "Waving Flag" has become the anthem of this summer's FIFA World Cup and is quickly receiving world recognition.



I hope everyone has a wonderful week and tries to stay warm. I know my personal favorite thing to do is sleep with a winter hat and long johns on.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment