Monday, January 4, 2010

Music Monday

Much like Twitter has, I'm going to try and spread my musical knowledge with people by having Music Mondays. They may not always be up and coming artists, or new songs, but at the very least they will be good, or at least I hope people feel that way. To begin these Music Mondays, I'm going to share a few YouTubes, both old and new.

First, I want to introduce you to Mike Posner. Mike Posner is a Senior at Duke University and is from Southfield, MI. Posner is quickly becoming a major hip-hop artist. He recently signed his first record deal and is working on releasing his first album sometime this year. His first two mixtapes both were No. 1 most downloaded free albums on iTunes and he has opened for artists such as Wiz Khalifa and Akon. Posner is known for sampling many popular tracks from Santana to The Fray to Beyonce.



Now, as much as I love my hip-hop and general "party" beats, if you don't know that I love me some rock music, then you don't know me. Better yet, if you don't know that The Beatles are my favorite band ever, then you can probably assume we are not friends. Anyway, here is The Beatles Rooftop Concert. The Rooftop Concert was the last live performance by The Beatles and is by far one of their most famous, along with the Ed Sullivan Show and Shea Stadium. The Concert is two videos, each fairly long. So, I suggest you watch or listen to whatever you can and enjoy it. Overall great stuff.





I'll be posting a preview on the rest of the BCS Games later in the day. Here is to everyone heading back to school today and I suggest to those who aren't yet diving back into their workload, enjoy it while you can.

-Kevin

1 comment: