Monday, February 1, 2010

Music Monday and More

Because I yet again am incapable of posting with regularity, apologies go out to my few readers. Anyway, its been a pretty lame week for sports. The Pro Bowl was last night (who cares). College Basketball no longer has any undefeated members. Training Camp will slowly get going in the next few weeks. Nothing else is particularly interesting. The Grammys were last night. I didn't watch because honestly, I don't really care (is that bad?). Obviously everyone is waiting for Sunday Night and the big matchup between the Saints and Colts. And for those of college age like myself, exams are beginning to show up in our schedules. Worst of all of this? IT IS REALLY REALLY COLD!

My Music Monday shares for the week are Lauryn Hill filled, between a solo job and her early work with The Fugees. Lauryn Hill was a phenomenal artist who just went, psycho I guess. Wyclef Jean has noted that he would never work with her again, or at least The Fugees would never get back together. Regardless, they had some absolute jams. Both are covers, but both are great.





And...as a joke...and because I like it and haven't shared it yet...



Now, on a sidenote, I also forgot to mention this a few weeks ago, as it made its way across the University of Michigan Athletic Blogs, and other websites, but the Michigan Hockey Team hosted Alaska Fairbanks and...well...here you go...



And lastly, because I came across it and love Bob Knight...



Within the next few days, I plan on doing a general look at the Detroit Tigers for the upcoming season. Usually I'm spending this time of the year boasting about the Red Wings and Pistons, and well...that is not necessarily an option currently. I also want to give a full Super Bowl Preview. And lastly, look for me to appear on WQAQ 98.1 next Monday from 4-6pm. I will have my own little part. You will have to listen in to catch it. FYI, you can listen in on their website at http://www.wqaq.com/ . I hope everyone had a solid first month of 2010 and hopefully Punxsutawney Phil is nice to us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment