Monday, February 8, 2010

Music Monday

Because I've been joking about this "theme" of music for a few weeks now (for reasons completely seperate from Music Monday), Here are three songs that suggest strange hook-ups.

Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne

The song is off of their third album, Welcome Interstate Managers. Fountains of Wayne formed in New Jersey and are named after a local small store that sold lawn ornaments. The song was released in 2003 and was the band's true "first hit." Adam Schlesinger, one of the founders of the band, actually wrote another one of my favorite songs, That Thing You Do. The music video follows the fantasy that a young boy has of getting with a friend's hot mom. Funny video, catchy song. Check it out.



I'm on a Boat - The Lonely Island ft. T-Pain

Originally a Saturday Night Live short, I'm on a Boat picked up speed thanks to the world wide web. The band, The Lonely Island, composed of comedians Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, and Jorma Taccone, have continued making many humorous songs and music videos that have, and have not aired on Saturday Night Live. This song is quite funny and the end, suggesting getting with a certain marine creature, only makes it better.



Scotty Doesn't Know - Lustra

Featured in the movie Eurotrip, the song is a catchy upbeat, dirty as all get out song. The band, Lustra, is a pop punk band originally from Boston. In the movie, Matt Damon acts as their lead vocals. This is not the case in real life, but I always try to imagine its Matt singing (Cue Matt Damon joke). Regardless, the song is funny, catchy, and Kristin Kreuk is hot.



I hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl last night. Commercials were pretty lame in my opinion, but I will have my three best and three worst later on in the week. Look for me on WQAQ today (98.1 FM) from 4-6pm. It is Quinnipiac Local Radio (whack, I know). So, your best bet is to listen online at http://www.wqaq.com/ . I'm gonna be pretty busy this week, but as always I will do my best to post with frequency. Have a great week and GO BLUE!

-Kevin

1 comment:

  1. Kevie, all fantastic choices. I have updated my blog. enjoy. :) kathlang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete