Monday, January 16, 2012

Sports are Fun... Sometimes...

I suppose I can do a quick re-cap of football for this season...

I was happy... then mad... then frustrated (the long drive didn't help)... then everything got better... then it ended on the highest of highs.  From running out of Michigan Stadium in the rain, to the glorious celebration under the lights, to the irritating drive back from Iowa City, to the joy that was beating Ohio, this was a heck of a roller coaster of a season.  I never would have guessed that Michigan would finish 10-2 let alone 11-2 with a BCS Bowl victory.  I'm proud to say I'm a Wolverine (not that I'm ever not proud) after this season and it was nice to graduate on a high note after four previous seasons of... let us just say disappointment?  The season provided many one-liners, many jokes, and many... well... for lack of a better word... moments. (Brunette Girls... Brunette Girls... Brunette Girls... BOOM)

This was all phenomenal and my number one sports love had a great season and I can't wait for next season.

#BEATBAMA

Then... the Motor City Kitties...

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.

Dear Detroit Lions Franchise,

Thank you for giving me hope in my NFL team again.  I've watched you since as far back as I can remember.  I remember crying the day Barry Sanders decided he was done.  I remember watching Herman Moore and Johnnie Morton tear up the Silverdome like it was their job, which it was.  I remember draft day after draft day saying, "This is it.  This is the guy we needed." Low and behold six months later I would be cursing his name (I'm talking about you Aaron Gibson).  I'm just glad that I can sit through an entire Lions game now without cursing the football gods.  Thank you for providing us with a heck of a season and I look forward to cheering on the Leos next season.

Stafford!

- Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment