Monday, March 22, 2010

A Weekend of Hockey and Other Shenanigans...'Eh?

So, to sum up my weekend, I will say one word: Canadian. My housemates and I housed somewhere between 12 and 15 Canadians (I never got a final count) and it was, how do I say this...too much? Between our visitors from the north and UofM's Greek Week going on, and just general workload, I'm exhausted, and its only Monday. BUT, I did receive the good news that Mike Posner and B.O.B. will be performing on campus in April, so I'm hype. Anyway...I'll give top 3 highlights of the weekend...

1. Michigan Wins the CCHA Championship and Mason Cup, Clinching a Spot in the NCAA Tourney: I watched both the semifinal and championship Friday. Michigan beat Miami of Ohio, number one team in the country, relatively easily Friday night, and went on to knock off higher seeded Northern Michigan Saturday night to clinch a spot in the NCAA Tourney. Michigan will be playing Bemidji State Saturday night in Ft. Wayne, IN in the first round.

2. Rock Chalk Jay...f**k: After seeking refuge from our Canadian Bretheren, a few friends and I decided to go watch the NCAA Tourney at Damon's Bar & Grille. Little did I know I'd get to watch one of the most entertaining and biggest upsets I've seen in a long time. University of Northern Iowa defeated Kansas in entertaining fashion. This season's tourament has already been quite entertaining and hopefully it will continue to be just as nail-biting as the first two rounds.

3. Watching Hockey Night in Canada With Canadians: I have to say, watching not only Hockey Night in Canada, but Montreal vs Toronto was hilarious. There was a ton of money on the table, they were all hammerred, and I just watched it all unfold. I try not to talk about too many shenanigans, but it was just awesome watching this all unfold. To top it all off, the game went to a shootout. I decided to cheer for Montreal because, well...I don't know. But, Toronto won. Anyway, game was hilarious and the fans watching it were even more funny.

Anyway, it is Monday, which means Music Monday (even though I more or less only post on Mondays now). First off, I'll start with a song I really enjoyed last summer, but have been listening to it a lot lately...


Jermaine Coleman, better known by his stage name "Maino", is a rap artist who first started getting big in 2007 after ditching his deal with Universal Records and signing with himself and his Hustle Hard imprint to Atlantic Records. "All the Above" is the second single off of his first album If Tomorrow Never Comes and he will have his second album, The Day After Tomorrow be released sometime this year.



Next, a little country (yes...me, listening to country, although it probably isn't the country you listen to). The Mavericks were a alternative-country band founded in Miami, FL in 1989. Country artist Raul Malo was the lead vocalist and has gone on to have a relatively promising solo career. From 1991 until 2003 they released six studio albums and charted 14 singles on Billboard's Top Country Chart. Their highest ranking single was this little number...




And lastly, this one is just a cool mash-up. It has been out there for a while, but I came across it the other day for the first time in a while and I thought I'd share.



I hope everyone is enjoying the Madness that is March and I don't know about you, but I'm counting down the not only the days, but the hours and minutes until the Tigers take the field..13 days 22 hours 19 minutes

-KK

No comments:

Post a Comment